Over this past month, I have been honoured to receive several celebrated blogging awards. As I write this post, I am reminded yet again, that with every post and every comment, we create a dynamic and diverse community brought together by technology, which allows us to correspond in different languages across, what I call, “blogger” miles. We are continuing a tradition shared by previous generations who used papyrus, parchment, inkwell and chisels: the exchange of knowledge, experience, and wisdom. When we contribute, we light a pathway for those generations yet to come.
Blogger awards are about recognizing individuals who have inspired our journey. We have a common goal to make a difference in the lives of our families, friends and extended community, local and global. Many years ago, William Arthur Ward gave us this insight:
Super Sweet Blogging Award:
A warm thank you goes to Anarya Andir who nominated me for the Super Sweet Blogging Award. Anarya is a self-proclaimed non-conformist Adult Third Culture Kid searching for meaning in life. I am following her on her search, which has swept me into her adventure that includes travelling, photography, poetry, history, art and literature. Anarya celebrates being a world citizen – she recognizes the unique beauty of diversity in languages and cultures. Drop by for a visit – you’ll want to stay on…
The rules include answering 5 questions and nominating others for this noteworthy award.
- Cookies or Cake? Answer: I love both – ask my scale, who knows how much I love sweets.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Answer: I really don’t think it is a good idea to play favourites. I like them both the same; in fact, they make an excellent duo – Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Frosting.
- What is your favourite sweet treat? Answer: Ice Cream, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Raspberry Tart. Oh, that’s right – only one. Hmmm! There is always room for more than one sweet treat, isn’t there?!!
- When do you crave sweet things the most? Answer: I’m not certain I understand the question. I like them all of the time.
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? Answer: Ginger (I have red hair)
Every blogger wants to attract more readers because it is the conversation, the exchange of ideas that makes blogging worth while. Sweetness entices, catching the attention of even the most hard-to-reach readership. Once you eat the first “chocolate chip cookie” post, it is difficult to let go of something that feeds the mind, heart and soul.
1) Leaping Tracks – An extraordinary music blog from Edinburgh UK, which covers the full spectrum of music! Every time I visit, I am humming a new song.
2) Marsella’s Book Ends I love books – and when I find someone, like Marsella, with the same obsession, I follow to see what books are inspiring her. She always has a great post!!
3) Bubbles From My Pen: A writer that shares her story and thoughts generously and passionately.
4) Postcards from Budapest: A journey to Budapest with a nomad that creates an adventure everywhere she goes. Stop by and be amazed.
5) Soulsnet: An online retreat of daily inspiration for the bruised, the bothered and bewildered. A great blog to visit.
6) Poetry & Musings: Kathleen is a fourth generation poet who generously shares her wisdom. Every time I visit, she feeds my spirit.
7) AshiAkira’s Blog: The story behind this blog is as amazing as the Haiku poetry that graces the pages.
8) Everything About Flowers: A joyous blog about flowers, music, poems and nature.
9) It’s There for a Reason: A Kiwi living in ever-green Ireland, who loves people, writing and inspiring people to live every moment to the fullest.
10) Views From My World: A beautiful photo blog that captures stories in every photo.
My dear friend, Cristi nominated me for the optimistic Sunshine Award. The Sunshine Award is a “thank you” from one blogger to another for all the work that goes into creating and sustaining a blog. Cristi exemplifies the Sunshine Award with his generosity and profound insight. I never miss a post. Since I met him, I have travelled the world several times over and filled my Pinterest Boards with his amazing photos.
The rules include
1) Linking back to the person who nominated you: Cristi
2) Post the award image to your page.
3) Tell seven facts about yourself.
I am Canadian living in Vancouver, Canada, where we have plenty of liquid sunshine. I have 4 pairs of rubber boots (yellow, black, rose and leopard), about 7 umbrellas that I have collected over the years (various colours to match the boots). I love wearing hats, my latest one being red to go with my purple cloak – just like the poem! I’m on an exercise program that involves walking with a pair of walking poles. Every morning, you will see me on the Vancouver SeaWall, with my iPod, listening to an audio book.
4) Nominate 5 – 10 other bloggers.
A special thank you goes to the following bloggers who work tirelessly to produce amazing blogs. It takes time, effort, research and creative ingenuity to sustain a conversation that encourages and challenges. These bloggers are pure Sunshine!
1) Tom Simard A wonderful collection of poetry and prose that speaks to the heart and refreshes the soul!
2) Honest Errors: A remarkable writer who lives in Michigan but travels the world. Richard shares my love for Charles Rennie MacKintosh “There is hope in honest error, none in the icy perfections of the mere stylist.”
3) Valerie Davis A world traveller, an adventurer, an explorer and much, much more. There is never a dull moment when you follow Valerie.
4) A Word in Your Ear A storyteller who shares tales of friends, family, animals. The adventure is well underway…join in…
5) Wolfgang’s PowerPoint: An amazing blog that unites photography with music to create an inspiring story.
6) OPreach is a wonderful place to rest and drink in the calmness and beauty. Once refreshed, you are ready to take on the world.
Blogging celebrates connections and stories. We have an amazing community!
Rebecca aka Clanmother