Clanmother has been nominated for the distinguished Family of Bloggers Award by Cristi M at Simple.Interesting. I am honoured to accept the nomination because, in my opinion, our blogging community is about being a family. Bloggers from across the world, come together to create a community that thrives on the exchange of ideas, information, knowledge and wisdom. We live, write and breathe diversity. We may come from different countries and cultures, even speak different languages, but one thing is certain: we all want to make a difference. With every post, every comment and every photo, we add value, humour and encouragement to the conversation.
There are four rules to accepting this award:
1. Pay credit to the one who nominated you.
2. Place a link to the one who nominated you on your award page
Cristi M was one of the first bloggers to visit my blog and welcome me to the “family.” His generosity and genuine interest continues to inspire others on their “blogging” journey. His About Me is to the point. He writes: “About me?! Nothing special.” Once you follow Cristi’s blog you will know that he is extraordinarily special. He has taken me around the world at least twice in the past four months. Since May 2012, he has published over 1700 posts on Simple.Interesting. Thank you Cristi for including me in your Family of Bloggers!
3. Using the anagram of the word “FAMILY” tell us the attributes you bring to the family of bloggers.
F – Freedom
A – Acceptance
M – Motivate
I – Integrity
L – Laughter
Y – Yummy
Blogging allows me the freedom to share my thoughts knowing that I will be accepted as a voice in the conversation. I am motivated by the integrity of my fellow bloggers to look at issues from different perspectives. Every day, I know that I will find laughter and photos of yummy food to make my mouth water. I love to hear the stories and participate in the adventures of other fellow bloggers.
4. Nominate at least 4 other people to be in your family of bloggers, and notify them of their nomination.
My five nominees are the bloggers who came to my blog when I first started out. I want to especially thank them for being the first ones to click the follow button. I learned a great deal from their experience, especially how to connect with other bloggers in their extended “family.”
- Lizzie Joy’s Photo Suite: Lizzie is passionate about all things Divine – she aims to live the fullest expression of life.
- ToeMail: This is an extraordinary collaborative photography project featuring original photograph of toes of both genders, from the newborns to the elderly. Quillan and Angela are making the world a better place, one foot at a time.
- Leaping Tracks: A blog about music – every kind that you can imagine and then some! The stories behind the music are powerful – they will entice you to return again and again.
- Henrietta’s Hippo: A fresh perspective on life and how to bring beauty and joy into a space we call home.
- Literature and Culture: Maarit-Johanna has several blogs that focus on art, literature, science and philosophy. She gives history relevance in our time.
I look forward to our shared journey – there is always an adventure waiting for us…
Rebecca aka Clanmother
“You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” Desmond Tutu