On July 26, 2012, Clanmother received a nomination for One Lovely Blog Award by Maarit-Johanna and her fascinating blog, History of the Ancient World. I am honoured to accept the nomination, but I’m even more excited to connect with a fellow blogger who shares my interest in historical events. If you ever want to discover the excitement of the ancient world, you will want to read Maarit-Johanna’s blog.
After a bit of research on the forums, I understand are three rules to accepting a One Lovely Blog Award:
1) Give credit to the awesome person who nominated you.
2) Describe 7 things about you.
3) Nominate 15 bloggers.
The credit goes to History of the Ancient World. I am honoured to have bloggers like Maarit-Johanna stop by for a visit. To me, blogging is about sharing thoughts, knowledge and experiences. We tell the story of our generation, and link our global village in ways never before imagined.
I’m relatively new to WordPress – my launch was May 1, 2012. I love art, music, history and travel. But most of all, I love connecting with others and hearing their stories. We live complicated lives that are exceptional and full of adventures. John Ruskin (1819-1900) said, “What we think or what we know, or what we believe in is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.”
Accepting this award has given me the opportunity to thank bloggers for their efforts in creating remarkable blogs. My nominees are, in random order:
1) Turkischland is a great blog about Turkey – food, photos, travels!
2) Crazy Train To Tinky Town – A blog that has received many blogger awards and I can see why: Great adventures and a wonderful tag line.
3) Sportive A La Mode This is a new blogger with a tag line: Balancing Fitness, Fandom, Fashion and French. Anyone that is able to keep this balance is amazing.
4) That Little Artsy Blog This blog explores music, photography and clothing. Each week there is a featured artist.
5) Heaven 4 Earth MonaD’e was one of the first blogger to visit Clanmother. He has a fresh way of problem solving.
6) Conceptual Mathematics For those who are interested in a new way to look at mathematics, Posina Venkata Rayudu discusses the subject of Conceptual Mathematics (Category Theory)
7) Blessed with a Star on the Forehead has numerous Blogger awards and for good reason – Entertaining, honest and full of joy.
8) Offbeat Cluster A new Blogger with a tag – a Day in Rabbit’s Life. It is a place to hold random journaling and writing.
9) The Stay-at-home Scientist This blog is about Science, Gardening, and Work-Life Balance. This blog combines interesting research with story telling from a scientist’s viewpoint.
10) This World Thru My Eyes – A photographer excited about sharing beauty.
11) ToeMail – This is an extraordinary collaborative photography project featuring original photographs of toes of both genders, from the newborns to the elderly. Their tag line: making the world a better place, one foot at a time.
12) Leaping Tracks – This is a music blog from Edinbugh, UK. This is her first blog and she loves music!
13) Trail-Hike-Like – This fellow blogger shares her experiences in hiking and life – great photos and good discussions.
14) The Reluctant Hippie This is a healthy food blog – with ideas that will make your kitchen efficient and boost your ability to cook.
15) Chester Maynes – Chester Maynes shares his insightful poetry and poems via this blog.
Blogging has been a way to stretch my knowledge and gain a fresh perspective of the incredible world in which we live. I look forward to the ongoing dialogue.
14 replies on “One Lovely Blog Award”
Congratulations on your well deserved award! Thank you for thinking of me and honoring me with award! It made me an even happier person!! Blessings! 🙂
When I began blogging, I did not realize how many amazing people I would meet along the journey. And what a remarkable journey have embarked upon. Thank you for your comments – much appreciated!!!
I too was pleasantly surprised with this amazing community! 🙂
Congratulations!!!! Now, you are on a even more exciting adventure. Way to Go!!!
Thank you for your encouraging comments – much appreciated!
Thank you so much for your kind words and thank you for supporting my blog! Have a beautiful weekend 🙂
My pleasure – I will enjoy reading your posts. One of you latest photos was from Olympia! Great timing with the opening of the last Olympics.
[…] https://clanmother.com/2012/07/27/one-lovely-blog-award/ […]
Thank you Clanmother. I just posted my acceptance although I am not done with my nominations. More to come!
I am so pleased that you accepted!!! I enjoy visiting your blog and especially appreciate your view on life: “Life is like a trail. A winding pathway that is sometimes smooth, sometimes rocky. We may travel straight to our destination but often need to back track to get to where we want to go. It certainly has its ups and downs.”
[…] such new friend (as I hope she won’t mind me calling her), Clanmother, gave me the honour of nominating me for the One Lovely Blog […]
[…] Clanmother – https://clanmother.com/2012/07/27/one-lovely-blog-award/ […]