Life is Measured…
“Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away.”
I have a coffee mug with this saying written boldly on the side. We quote the words often enough – or at least I do. But I have never really stopped to think how many times my breath was actually taken away during a one day, 24 hour time frame.
Today, I decided to make the count. Here’s the top 10!
- Welcomed a new day with my family.
- The sun was shining.
- Laughed five times before 9:30 AM.
- My mom (healthy at 81) called to say she loved me.
- I met a friend for lunch – sweet-and-sour soup – and laughed another 10 to 15 times.
- Walked with my husband along the seawall and felt the cool breeze against my cheek. Laughed at least 10 times. He has a great sense of humor.
- Stopped at a café for hot coffee and something sinfully sweet. Yummy without the calories! (A little white lie can’t hurt sometimes?!)
- Photographed a field of pale pink and orange tulips.
- Researched the life of Paul Gauguin and his painting, A Farm In Brittany
- Shared an orange with my son. Laughed 10 times more!
The time is now around 8:30 PM. There will be more “breath away” moments before the evening draws to a close.
Charlie Chaplin once said that “a day without laughter is a day wasted.”
He was right!
Rebecca aka Clanmother